Tuesday 22 April 2014

Dark Souls 2: Chloranthy Ring Vs Royal Soldier's Ring

For a video version of this post, check my youtube upload here.



I had this theory that maybe the Royal Soldier's Ring +2 might just be more effective for stamina recovery compared to the Chloranthy Ring +2 because of how your stamina recovers faster when you have a lower equip load. I decided to test this theory out the best I could here. Keep in mind that there is room for human error as I was doing this the best I could but definitely couldn't be perfect.


From this you can see that the Chloranthy Ring beats out the Royal Soldier Ring each time. Although the Soldier's Ring does only fall behind slightly and there is a chance that it does increase roll distance. I had trouble being able to accurately show this in the video but just based off of my feeling while comparing the 2, the less weight did seem to add a small amount of distance.

I feel like although the ring didn't perform as well as I had hoped, I will definitely be trying it out in a PvP environment and see if I notice an impact on the rolling and if that slight stamina regeneration will be worth it.

As a side note, through this testing I noticed that it seemed to take a flat 3.5 seconds to be able to sprint again after draining it all. This is most notable when I have the life ring on while sprinting and my stamina does not fully recover before I sprint again where with the Chloranthy ring, even after it's full it takes almost a half second to start again.

If you see any error or suspect error in my results, feel free to call me out and I will double check and update my results. Thanks for watching/reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment