Saturday 24 October 2015

Heroes of the Storm: Rank 1!


This is a pretty useless post but I'm just excited

So I started playing this game about 5 months ago now.. Well actually I got into the alpha/beta fairly late and played the tutorial and wasn't feeling it so I didn't play anymore until the game officially released.

I came into this game with a I somewhat small MOBA experience. The only other one I had played was League of Legends and I played probably less than 50 rank/normal games there and only did bot games and ARAM.

I've really been enjoying this game for the 5 months I've been playing, it's just a lot of fun and much more easy going to play and the community for the most part is much more tolerable compared to what I see with most other games. I definitely recommend everyone to check this game out just because it's really fun and different.

I actually played just over 600 games of quick-match before even trying ranked play just because I wanted to make sure I had an acceptable amount of knowledge and experience so that I would fell prepared for the more competitive environment. I personally feel like this really helped me get to rank 1 as based off of Hotslogs I've been playing around a 3,500 MMR in quickmatch which I believe is mid-level rank 1. I also played 200 quickmatch games on the EU servers for no particular reason, playing 95% Sgt. Hammer and got to 4,000 MMR. I decided to try ranked out on the EU server and did decently, getting played at rank 7 I believe but after playing another 7 games I gave up because the matchmaking just felt awful and got frustrated, thus quitting the server.



Fast forward another month or so and I decided to finally jump into ranked play on the US server, the first few games were scary, I lost my first match and was playing with some pretty low MMR people and it was difficult to try and carry but in the end went 15-5. Getting placed at rank 7 or 8 again, I was a little scared to have a repeat of the EU servers experience but this time things went much smoother. I didn't have people raging at my picks and giving up in the first 5 minutes, going 7-3 before hitting rank 1. I currently sit at just over 3,200 MMR and I'm feeling pretty comfortable here as it's similar to the MMR I had in quickmatch and my teammates and opponents both feel pretty equal so the games have been pretty enjoyable.

Even though I've only got 30 ranked games played I'm feeling confident this is where I'll stay and I'm just excited to be able to see this progress over the last 5 months of playing, going from no idea what I'm doing to here.

A little sad to see myself go from almost a Sgt. Hammer main to only being able to play her 1/6 of the time..


No comments:

Post a Comment